Law Offices of Robert M. Kaplan, P.C.
Schaumburg Family Law Attorney

How do I get child support from the father of my child if we were never married?

If you had a child out of wedlock and the father is not contributing to the expenses of your child, you may be eligible for child support and other expenses (such as medical costs, child care, and extracurricular activities) from the parentage or paternity court. You have to file a petition for him to do so, and once that petition is filed you have preserved the issue as of the date of filing. The same is true for fathers raising their children without help from the mother.

Contact Our Schaumburg Law Firm

Do you have more questions on child support? Please contact our Schaumburg IL law firm for a consultation today. 

If you have difficulty using our website, please email us or call us at (847) 845-9477
View the ADA Accessibility Statement