Family law attorneys handle cases and legal matters that pertain to divorce, parenting time, child support, and alimony.
The job of a family law attorney in Schaumburg is to provide legal counsel and offer legal advice when clients have questions or concerns about their property division, child custody situation, or divorce filing.
If you need to consult with a family law lawyer, our attorney, Mr. Robert M. Kaplan, offers free initial legal consultations. These consultations are an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about the world of family law and determine if you would like to retain our law office to guide you through your family law matter.
We can counsel you about specific issues, including:
- Whether you are obligated to pay child support and how much you can expect to pay
- How you and your partner will divide parenting time, including which holidays you will spend with your child(ren)
- Whether you will owe alimony payments (“spousal support”) after your divorce becomes finalized
- How to fairly and legally divide marital property during a divorce
- How to file for divorce, especially if you hope to keep things simpler with an uncontested divorce
If you have questions about these issues described above, or if you would like the help of a family law attorney in Schaumburg for any other reason, please contact our legal team today at (847) 845-9477 to schedule your free consultation with Mr. Robert M. Kaplan.