Law Offices of Robert M. Kaplan, P.C.
Schaumburg Family Law Attorney

What can I do if my ex-spouse will not show me with proof of life insurance coverage?

If your divorce decree states that your ex should be maintaining life insurance; you have every right to receive proof of that policy. If they refuse to show you it’s active, then you may have cause for filing a petition for rule to show cause, in which case they may be responsible for your attorney’s fees and costs incurred in filing the suit.

Call Our Schaumburg IL Law Firm

Do you have more questions about life insurance policies after a divorce? Please contact our Schaumburg law firm for a consultation. 

If you have difficulty using our website, please email us or call us at (847) 845-9477
View the ADA Accessibility Statement