Law Offices of Robert M. Kaplan, P.C.
Schaumburg Family Law Attorney

Should adult children have powers of attorney?

If you’re like me, then you have children in their late 20’s - early 30’s; however this suggestion will also apply to any children over the age of 18. When they were young you had guardians in place to take care of your children in case something happened to you and your spouse, but after they turned 18 that didn’t apply anymore. 

Powers of Attorney for Healthcare and Property

Now you need to take care of what happens if something happens to them and
you need to step in to take care of their health and/or their property. The solution to this is to create Powers of Attorney for Healthcare and Property for your children, just like you did for you and your spouse. 

Contact Our Schaumburg Office

Call us at the Law Offices of Robert M. Kaplan to get our help in preparing these documents. You can reach me at 847-845-9477 or at [email protected]

If you have difficulty using our website, please email us or call us at (847) 845-9477
View the ADA Accessibility Statement