Law Offices of Robert M. Kaplan, P.C.

Can I move my child out of state?

As part of your divorce or paternity action, you will normally be restricted from moving out of state without court permission or written agreement from the other parent. There are specific factors that are taken into account when a parent desires to move out of state. If those factors are met, a court may grant you the right to move even if the other parent objects. There are different standards involved for in-state moves.

If you have difficulty using our website, please email us or call us at (847) 845-9477
View the ADA Accessibility Statement