Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Divorce Law
- What do I need to file a divorce with no children and no assets?
- How much does it cost to get a divorce, legal separation, or custody judgement in Chicago and the surrounding areas (Cook County and Collar Counties)?
- How long does it take to get divorced, legally separated, or obtain other kinds of family law judgement?
- Do I need a Prenuptial Agreement or Premarital Agreement?
- When can I tell my spouse I want a divorce?
- What is the definition of maintenance (formerly known as alimony)?
- Is a lawyer required when divorcing?
- What is a no-fault divorce?
- How do I qualify for an uncontested divorce?