Shorewood, Illinois Estate Planning Lawyer
Our office has the knowledge and experience you need to plan for your future. We will meet with you to discuss your wishes and determine how to meet those goals.
Contact us today to discuss any of the following:
- Will--Directs the distribution of your assets and provides instructions for the care of your children if you pass away while they are minors.
- Trust--Trusts can be used to avoid formal probate proceedings, allowing your property be transferred outside of the court system.
- Powers of attorney--Naming a power of attorney allows you to direct who will speak on your behalf if you are incapable of doing so. This applies to both financial and health care decisions.
- Living will--A living will provides direction for the amount of life support you would like to receive if something were to happen to you.
- HIPAA releases--Allows you to get information about the medical condition of your adult children. They are often used for parents to assist college age students in making medical decisions.
- Probate--The process of ensuring the execution of a deceased's final wishes through court proceedings.
- Guardianships--The process of establishing who will act as guardian of children or disabled adults.
Through the estate planning process, our clients have successfully avoided family disputes after their passing. This can be accomplished through having the proper documents in place well in advance.